Services > Environmental Compliance and Auditing Support
Our senior consultants and managers are experienced in assisting companies permit large, complex facilities. Services we provide include:
- Identifying environmental regulatory agencies, applicable laws and regulations, permit requirements, and information needed to complete permit applications and/or modifications;
- Working with clients, agencies, engineers and& operations staff, and other stakeholders, to ensure application requirements are understood and information is provided in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Establishing clear lines of communication and a process so that all parties involved are appropriately consulted and/or advised;
- Outlining permitting schedules and identifying critical path items so that applications can be submitted in a timely fashion;
- Providing support in negotiating favorable permit conditions.
In some instances, specialized technical resources are required to complete complex air quality modeling, health risk assessments or process management plans. In these cases, we work with our network of consulting scientists and engineers to find the best, most practical resources available and ensure they meet project needs in a timely manner.
Our services include helping companies comply with air, water and waste regulatory requirements and permit conditions. This includes chemical and process safety management, as applicable. We also aid companies in meeting occupational health and safety obligations. Specific services offered include:
- Collaborating with company managers and operations personnel to build robust EHS management systems and a strong occupational health and safety program;
- Working with operations and engineering personnel to develop or refine operating procedures to assure permit conditions are addressed, and EHS management systems, compliance requirements and schedules are met;
- Setting up a required job/EHS training matrix for employees, finding appropriate and cost-effective training resources, and helping establish a training tracking system;
- Assisting in establishing or refining the regulatory recordkeeping system, including software to track compliance status.
Audits can serve as a yardstick to measure and improve compliance and performance. Our senior staff have led or participated in dozens of compliance and EHS management systems audits of refineries and cogeneration facilities, gas plants, offshore oil & gas operations, marine terminals and tanker operations, and onshore E&P operations. Our services include:
- Scoping, scheduling, and executing audits to assure environmental permit conditions are met and EHS management systems and company policies are followed;
- Developing protocols and management systems to ensure on-going regulatory compliance;
- Meeting with company and operations management to present audit findings, and preparing reports documenting findings;
- Working with company staff to set up a tracking system for resolution of any findings of non-compliance or H&S concerns;
- Assisting companies in evaluating ISO 14000 - Environmental Management Systems and 18000 - Health and Safety.
WASTE SITE AUDITING
Over the past fifteen years, EnviroSolve has assisted two major oil companies in the development and implementation of a robust waste site auditing and management program The program has included conducting hundreds of desktop and onsite audits, and the review and summary of hundreds of trade association waste site audit reports. Our team has completed audits and developed audit reports of a vast array of facilities including RCRA Part B treatment, storage and disposal facilities, E&P RCRA exempt sites, fuel blending operations, recycling facilities, re-refining and regeneration operations, 10-day transfer stations, NORM disposal facilities, Subtitle C hazardous and Subtitle D non-hazardous waste landfills, incinerators, and cement kilns, as well as Class II injection wells.Over the past fifteen years , EnviroSolve has assisted two major oil companies in the development and implementation of a robust waste site auditing and management program. conducting desktop and onsite audits, and in the review of trade association waste site audit reports. Our team has completed hundreds of desktop and onsite audits, and has reviewed hundreds of trade association audit reports of RCRA Part B treatment, storage and disposal facilities, E&P RCRA exempt sites, fuel blending operations, recycling facilities, re-refining and regeneration operations, 10-day transfer stations, NORM disposal facilities, Subtitle C hazardous and Subtitle D non-hazardous waste landfills, incinerators, and cement kilns, as well as Class II injection wells.
The scope of our services has included the storage and administration of the audit documents and other relevant information for our clients’ list of audited sites (over 300 active audited sites and 1,600 inactive sites). Sites and audit reports are stored on WasteTrak, a website specifically designed to assist in managing waste vendor programs. The team also assisted in managing annual audit plans (approximately 70 per year) and in developing and streamlining the audit processes, developing risk scoring models, and evaluating and overlaying re-audit cycles over waste disposal volumes. EnviroSolve has also assisted in developing contract language for waste brokers/transfer facilities (e.g., brokers/transfer facilities must use only facilities audited and approved by the company) and has on numerous occasions researched and found alternative sites for use by our clients.